Monday, May 13, 2013

Black Tie Optional in Turquoise & Caicos!

I purchased both of the polishes for my current manicure this week and they've both been on my wishlist for awhile.

I took advantage of my $5.50 CVS reward bucks to buy Essie's Turquoise & Caicos. It is priced at $8.29 at CVS. I also saw it at Walmart for $7.75.


Although I have a few similar colors, they are all just different enough for T & C to be a fantastic addition to my collection. It's a beautiful creamy turquoise, just the right mix of blue and green. It applied perfectly, opaque in only two light coats. (Although looking at it in the sun, I probably could have used another coat.)




My second purchase was Hard Candy's Black Tie Optional. It was love at first sight after seeing swatches by several nail bloggers. It took forever for my neighborhood Walmart to stock the new Hard Candy collection. I was very happy to see this one restocked today, and at just $4.00, I had to take it home with me. I love it just as much on my nails as I did on the various swatches! It features small, medium, & large white and black hex, black bars, and tiny and small black & white rounds. 



BTO will look incredible over any color. I paired it with Turquoise & Caicos today and it is every bit as fantastic as I expected! One accent nail (one coat) with Sally Hansen Hard as Nails crystal clear over all. 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment