Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Beam Me Up - Ellagee

The super kind Laura of Ellagee Polish recently sent me three samples from her new Sci-Fi Geeks collection to review!

You can get her polishes at:
http://www.ellagee.com

First up for review is "Beam Me Up."



As described on her website:

Beam Me Up is a sheer gold shimmer topcoat. Inspired by Star Trek transporter effect.


This polish goes on very smoothly. It also seemed to dry really quick. But, when she says it is sheer, she isn't kidding. In most of the photos (the not-macro ones) it's kind of hard to tell I am wearing it!


I started with a base coat of two layers Sinful Colors - Ablaze on all nails except my ring finger, which was one (yes, ONE) coat of Sinful Colors - My Buoyfriend.


On my thumb nail, I did one coat Beam Me Up. On my pointer finger, I used two. On my middle and ring fingers, I did a diagonal stripe of two coats Beam Me Up at the tips, and on my pinky nail, three costs Beam Me Up.


I like the shimmer, and it is really pretty in person, up close, but if you are looking for something with a very noticeable effect, you may be disappointed. I know that I prefer polishes that are more noticeable, but that's just me. It's still very pretty. It shows best on the macro photos.







Oh, and I just have to say that I LOVE the suspension base for these polishes. It's the thicker, dreamy stuff that really requires no shaking. Excellence, for sure.



1 comment: