Thursday, January 17, 2013

Stamp of Approval...almost.

Before I jump into the manicure, I figured I should take a cue from Nik and introduce myself. I'm Desirae, a 32 year old wife and mom from south Louisiana. . I've been married for nearly 9 years now and our son is 2.5 years old. I also have an almost 12 year old German Shepherd named Hannah. In addition to being a nail polish hoarder, I also love to read and I am addicted to my iPhone. Nik and I have been friends for about a decade now and while we haven't met yet, we hope to some day! I'm sure when we do, first thing on the agenda will be giving each other a manicure! :)

Naptime manicures are a bit like playing Russian roulette...will he sleep long enough to let my nails dry? Let's take a chance and find out! But I can't blame today's smudged ring finger on a short nap...it's my own impatience. I'm horrible about letting my nails dry before I move on to something else. Hence today's imperfect manicure. Oh, well. You'll get the good, the bad, and the ugly here, folks!

I got my January 2013 ipsy Glam Bag in the mail today. It included a Nailtini polish called "Frappe" so of course, I had to use it right away. I'll be honest. I'm not usually a nude polish kinda girl. But this one is pretty awesome. Great coverage and no streaks with just two coats! It's one of those "your nails but better" kind of colors. I decided to get fancy and do a little stamping over it. I used OPI "Yoga-ta Get This Blue!" to stamp the leafy/scroll design over it. (You can do your own fancy-schmancy stamping with this stamper/scraper by Konad & some fun Bundle Monster nail plates. I used plate #BM20.)



Stamping is fun, but takes some practice. I'm still working on getting it lined up just right. Probably not gonna keep this on long...in fact, after this post is done, I'll be getting out the polish remover & cotton balls. Had I taken my time, it'd be a keeper!

I used Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in Crystal Clear as a top coat.
Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. LovelY! Flappe is the ipsy color I got too, I have it on my toes with the Millionair, It's okay. I had to do to many coats for me to use a lot, but not a color I hate! Love the stamps, I've never heard of them before?

    Jess And Vanessa
    xxx

    ReplyDelete