Friday, February 8, 2013

Cat in the Hat - Above the Curve

Today, I bring you a funky Seuss inspired indie, that can be purchased here:

http://abovethecurve.bigcartel.com/

It's called "the Cat in the Hat."

Before I get to it, I just want to mention something awesome about the brand. Shawn & Angel donate $1 to the Shriner's Children's Hospitals. You can read more about it on their page.

Now, the polish. It attracted me because the blue is a bright cerulean, one of my favorite crayons, that suspends a variety of glitters: big white hexes, tiny white bars, tiny white hexes, small red hexes, tiny black bars, tiny black hexes, black diamonds, and red micro glitter shimmer.

The description doesn't list them all so that's Fromm close inspection. It is give or take, but I think I got them all!

This is my first ATC polish, though I have another on the way that I won. I didn't know what to expect, but overall, I like it. I couldn't find any searches on this particular polish.

On my left hand I threw on a light gray base coat because I hate visible nail lines and wanted to be sure there wasn't one. On my right I decided to test without. There really isn't much of a difference in opacity after the two generous coats of the jelly polish I applied. I'm new to jelly polishes, so actually, the first coat was thin and streaky so I put the second on thick.

The formula is nice. It goes on easily and the glitters lay flat. There isn't too much fishing involved for big glitters. I only did once. I like the random surprise as to when and where the white will show up.

Though, because the jelly is the darker color the white doesn't appear stark white. Not a problem, just a point of note.

Also, once I removed this polish from the hand I hadn't used gray under I noticed some blue staining on a few nails. USE A BASE COAT.

Oh and it's a little strong fumed, I think.

Still. It's pretty fab!

I only watermarked a few photos so if you share any please use those. My phone stopped cooperating.



























No comments:

Post a Comment