Friday, May 17, 2013

Mommies' Pedis

While we wait for more interview questions (see Facebook.com/MommiesManis), I thought I would share an awesome pedicure experience I had today.

Today, my (Nik's) momma-friend, Marybeth, came over for a weekly-ish play date. Two mommies, a 3 year-old, two 2 year-olds, two 1 year-olds, and an 8 month old all decided to enjoy the fresh air and play in the back yard.

While the kids played nicely, Mb and I thought we should take advantage and paint our toenails.

Polishes used: 

We were both feeling a little lazy so we opted to just paint over what we already had on our toes. Mb used Zoya- Nicole (win!) while I chose LynBDesigns - Sweet Nothing. But then, Spencer chose LynBDesigns - Set Fire to the Rain and Wet N Wild - On a Trip. Why not go big, right? Toe nails are an excellent canvas for creativity.

Zoya-Nicole is a metallic coral color with a little of a marigold shimmer. It's definitely a 2 to 3 coat polish if you don't have a base coat.

I reviewed the LynBDesigns polishes last week, and love them. They're totally bright and have smooth application and great coverage. The Wet N Wild is older, but I love it. It dries super quick and shiny. It's a gorgeous purple. 

Today's process was simple:

We attempted to be secretive about our application, but less than a minute in, our very willing toddler boys decided it was imperative they assist. Who needs fancy salons when you can get quality service in your own backyard? 

They did a fabulous job, no?

Complete with tiny bits of grass and dirt, because, well, textured polish is so in this year.



And, I got a lucky-mama bonus:

Under-the-toe and flip-flop service included!

Even Collin is fond of the job.


Not gonna lie, the most fun pedicures we've ever had.

3 comments:

  1. True that! What an experience! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious. I used to get similar manicures when I nannied. I like the texture. Also, there is also a hint of the marbled look, without the water application. Clever boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you are so brave!!! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete