There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Suzi Loves Cowboys in Greenwich Village. And Did you Ear About Van Gogh? He went Over The Taupe!

Thanks, Desi, for help with the title! I couldn't think if a clever one or name for this mani, so I asked her help arranging the names of the polishes I used in it.

My mani today is thereby referred to as:
Suzi Loves Cowboys in Greenwich Village. And Did you Ear About Van Gogh? He went Over The Taupe!

All of these polishes are OPI brand.

I love OPI. I love the sturdy brush. I love the formula. The dry time. The shine. The chip resistance. It's my other favorite, next to Zoya, for big brand polishes.

I decided that, since I chipped my nails from yesterday in the shower at 1:00am, I would try a tape/striping tape/dotting tool manicure today. It was quite a process. Took about four hours due to the fact that I screwed up once, and have two little boys to care for. I have actually only completed the left hand fully and will attempt to finish the right hand during nap.

I started with my favorite khaki- Did You'Ear About Van Gogh. I used one coat on each ring and middle finger. While that was drying I applied two coats - Over the Taupe, the yummiest milk chocolate color, to the rest of my nails.

The next time I could steal a few minutes for myself, I taped off the bottom of my khaki nails in opposing diagonals. Gave each a coat of Over the Taupe.


Fast forward. I taped off the tips of all nails, switching directions at the khaki duo, and also added a line if striping tape not far from the other. Then, I gave each nail a generous coat of Suzi Loves Cowboys.

I took out a dotting tool and gave each nail one or two little dots of Greenwich Village, a dark lime-ish color.

Sealed with Sally Hansen Anti-Chip fast dry top coat (red bottle). I am torn between keeping it glossy or going matte.

These colors are very Nik. They complement my skin, my hair, and my eyes. And, I think I'll be wearing these colors to MOPS in the morning, if I ever get my laundry done!



4 comments:

  1. I actually think I like them better matte! That's a fun little manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love most polish better matte!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you went matte! That was a some good advice someone gave you... I love this. Do mine.

    ReplyDelete