Monday, April 22, 2013

Adriel - Above the Curve

Today, I will show you a polish I won from Fridays at ATC on Facebook.

It's called "Adriel" and is by Above the Curve. I reviewed another polish by them weeks ago, and as I mentioned then, one dollar from every polish sold goes to Shriner's Children's Hospitals.

http://abovethecurve.bigcartel.com

I'm going to be completely honest and admit that I when I put the color on last night, I didn't really like it. But, the longer I left it on, the more it grew on me.

I would describe Adriel as a mauve holographic polish. It was basically opaque after one coat, but I used two for good measure.

The formula is excellent. Dry time was quick!

I'm not a mauve kinda mommy. I told Desi via text that it reminded me of a color my grandma would wear. I loved my grandma to bits, and have nothing against maybe on others, but it's not a color I would reach for. Too feminine, maybe?

But, as I said, the longer I left it on, the more I liked it. I think it goes well with my skin tone, and it seemed prettier in lighting other than that of my kitchen at night. I still don't know that I would be inclined to purchase it, but it is really pretty and I am sure I will wear it again. I just had to get over the shock. In no way does my lack of love for mauve say ANYTHING negative about this polish. I have no negative criticism at all toward it.

If you like pinks or holo polishes, you should grab this one up. The holo is obvious in bright light and low light but it's not crazy over-the-top. It's a nice feminine, spunky polish. You'll love it for sure!

I didn't get many photos because we are in a snow storm AGAIN and it was interfering with photographing.

















No comments:

Post a Comment